Recommended SPE Reads
Here’s a list of the recommended reads from an SPE (Systems Performance Engineering) standpoint. These reccommendations have been put together based on input from various readers including our own experiences picking up the relevant concepts over the last ~20 years. This isn’t meant to be an exhaustive list but rather a list of all the important books which you might want to consider in any of the given areas when building up concepts and needing to deliver work in those areas.
- Systems Performance Engineering
- Web Performance Optimization
- Java Performance Optimization
- .Net Performance Optimization
- Oracle Performance Optimization
- Linux Performance Optimization
- Application Performance Monitoring - APM
- MySQL Performance Optimization
- MSSQL Performance Optimization
- Performance Modelling & Forecasting
- Forecasting Methods
- Capacity Planning & Capacity Management
- Performance Testing
- Systems Monitoring & Alerting
- Scalable Architectures
- Network Performance Optimization
- Fundamentals of Statistics
We hope you enjoy the list of recommendations here and that these books help you gain the relevant knowledge you need to get the job done.
We also humbly request you to send through any input, recommendations, feeback on books to trevor at practical performance analyst dot com so that we can include them here for everyone elses benefit.
Trevor Warren is passionate about challenging the status-quo and finding reasons to innovate. Over the past 16 years he has been delivering complex systems, has worked with very large clients across the world and constantly is looking for opportunities to bring about change. Trevor constantly strives to combine his passion for delivering outcomes with his ability to build long lasting professional relationships. You can learn more about the work he does at LinkedIn. You can download a copy of his CV at VisualCV. Visit the Github page for details of the projects he’s been hacking with.