micro:bit has integrated multiple sensors including accelerometer. Today, we are going to use accelerometer to make a level device and display the inclination on NeoPixel ring in bar chart format.
- 1 x micro:bit Board
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x micro:bit Breadboard Adapter
- 1 x Transparent Breadboard - 83 * 55 mm
- 1 x 8 RGB LED NeoPixel Ring
- n x Breadborad Jumper Wire 65pcs Pack
**Tips: If you want all components above, you may need Elecfreaks Micro:bit Starter Kit.**
Major Component Introduction
There is an accelerometer on your micro:bit which detects the speed change of micro:bit. It converts analog information into digital form that can be used in micro:bit programs. Output is in milli-g. The device will also detect a small number of standard actions, e.g. shake, tilt and free-fall.
The corresponding X, Y, Z axle direction of accelerometer are showed below:
Connect your components according to the picture below:
- Connect the signal wire of the LED ring to the P0 port of the breadboard adapter.
After connection, we can see:
Click to open Microsoft Makecode, write the following code in the editor.(https://makecode.microbit.org/)
Click “Advanced”in the choice of the MakeCode to find more choices.
Click “Extensions”, search “neopixel”in the dialog box and then download the “neopixel”.
Program as the picture shows:
Details for the code:
- Set P0 port as the pin for LED beads and set it in RGB mode, then light on all the LED.
- Set the color of the light is changed with the accelerated speed.
You can also download the links directly:
The RGB LED ring lights on in different color with the movement of the micro:bit.
If we want to set 4 of the LEDs to light on in turns, how can we design the circuit and program?